|Back to Back Issues Page
WeCookiers Express, #0031 Don't get your tinsel in a twist
November 28, 2023
Christmas cookie decorating...
Here we are again. Smack in the middle of the holiday rush. My favorite season of all. Crazy? Maybe.
This is cookier's busiest time. Hectic? Check. Busy? Check. Customers have you rattled? Check.
This is just a reminder: don't get your tinsel in a twist. Even if it's 5 minutes here and there, Go into your bedroom or bathroom and shut the door to do some deep breaths. Sometimes walking away for a few just helps.
Today's Highlights1. newest pages at WeCookiers.com 2. your question, my answer 3. cookie cutter flips 4. Christmas cookie decorating, inspo photo 5. business sense 6. quick business tips
Newest Page at WeCookiers.comWell, it's not a page, but the 'Shop Gotta-havs!'. Here you will find a shop in the making. It's been open about a month now and delighted that you are quite pleased with it so far.
There's new items up, so skate over and take a look!
If you haven't already, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to catch all my releases. I've made it a priority to publish 2 times a week, usually Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The new year will bring grand new changes to WeCookiers!
Your Questions, My AnswerQ: By far the most frequently asked question I get is what cookie projector I use.
A: Cookie projectors are expensive, no way around it. It's hard making a large purchase not knowing anything about the product first hand.
However, it is one item that should be at the top of your list to buy. With one, you can charge more for your cookies.
I know I've answered this for you before, but since it's Christmas season there's an influx of interest in this area.
I will offer you a link to my page which shows and describes what I use, with pros and cons. I see people posting on Pinterest readily for the same product, so it must be good.
Here is the page I wrote that ranks between 1 and 2 on Google:
Cookie Cutter Flips or Humorous CookiesHere is the video for these cookie flips: Christmas Cookie Flips
Click on this image to see loads more cookie cutter flips on WeCookiers.com
Decorated Christmas Cookies, InspoI ordered these cutters through Etsy. I'm in love! So easy to decorate too. I placed the link to the cutters under the video on YouTube, if you are interested. Here's the link for the how to video: The making for JOY cookies
Business Sense: marketing yourself1. Do you have a bookstore in your community that has authors come in for book signings?
If so, get in touch with the owner to see if they would be interested in having you do edible image cookies with the book covers of the authors.
I recently was asked to do some for our local store and they ended up being quite a hit. Can you imagine how that must have made the author feel? How neat to bring joy to people! That evening I started getting quite a few people liking my Facebook page and could have had 5 new orders!
Of course, I placed my contact stickers with my QR code on the cookie bags.
2. How about gathering a group of 9 grade schoolers. Give them antler headbands and a red clown nose to wear. Put jingle bells on them and walk through down town or the mall handing out a set amount of cookies.
Hey, even ask the people they give them to for a photo with them to place on your IG or FB page. Oh yeah, this would work wonders for your business!
3. Did you know that the target audience that buys the most cookies are under the age of 45? Really not too surprising. That's the age then of your target audience. This will help you in marketing your cookie business.
Quick Business Tips1. This time of year brings terribly dry skin when you're a cookier. Lots and lots of hot water on our poor hands. You may already use this. I'm all about natural products, so this fits me well and works amazing!
1. How easy is that? Of course, you will want the cold-pressed and in a glass bottle. Since castor oil is kind of thick, I mix it with cold pressed coconut oil and a drop of rose hip oil. Just wow. I have now been using this mixture for nearly a month. Did you know castor oil is a natural botox? Do read about it. There's a copious amount of benefits.
I place my recipe on my face, neck and hands at night before bed. It has done wonders. It also makes you sleep much better. Truly. And yes, there is a noticeable decrease in wrinkles and suppleness this quick.
2. This might be a 'well duh' to some, but if you work with heat sealing bags and you have a slug to do, heat seal all then pick up the sissors to cut the top off. It really does save time.
3. I have to admit. I'm cutting as many corners as possible this Christmas. If I don't, I won't be able to enjoy a Christmas. That being said, I decided to go a bit easy and make 6 or 7 different kinds of cookies, not all decorated Christmas sugar cookies. In fact, I will be offering a tray of the different ones along with the JOY cookie set above. The JOY will be at the bottom, on top with a large ornament in the middle of the tray. I got the large ornaments at Walmart for 1 or 2 dollars.
Flake by fluffy flake,
snow is falling pleasantly,
The warmest of blessings,
|Back to Back Issues Page